Advanced level of CPR training for individuals who have a job-related “duty to respond” to emergencies. The 4 hour course includes an overview of body systems and medical/legal issues. Participants learn how to recognize and provide care in respiratory and cardiac emergencies for adults, children and infants, with special emphasis on two-rescuer CPR use of the resuscitation mask, bag-valve mask and Automated External Defibrillator.
This course is especially recommended for medical professionals, lifeguards, aerobics/fitness/sports instructors and public and private safety/security employees. This American Heart Association certificate is valid for 2 year. A written and practical test must be completed.
The BLS course covers:
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The AHA Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR/AED for Adult/Child/Infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR/AED for Adult/Child/Infant
- Differences between Adult, Child and Infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for Adult, Child and Infant
- Rescue breathing for Adult, Child and Infant
- Relief of choking for Adult, Child and Infant
- Intro to CPR with an Advanced Airway
Students must pass a written exam and skills test in order to qualify for a BLS for Healthcare Provider Course Completion Card. Course length is approximately 4.5 hours.