Are Pomegranates good for you? Pomegranates Health BenefitsNovember 28, 2016
Recert911 Quotes – Mike AdamsDecember 2, 2016
Reducing Wound Pain
If you have a postoperative wound, a serious injury or burn, or a chronic wound, your doctor may recommend medication to relieve pain. Don’t suffer in silence. If your wound is painful, or if a wound that wasn’t painful now begins to bother you, call your doctor. This could be a sign of infection.
For minor wounds, these simple steps can reduce pain:
- Cover the wound to protect it from further injury.
- Change the bandage daily, and keep the wound clean to prevent infection.
- Take ibuprofen or acetaminophen to ease initial wound pain. If pain lasts for more than a day or two, consult your doctor.
- For a foot or ankle wound, stay off your feet as much as possible to ease pain and encourage healing. It also helps to elevate the leg when you can.
- Be sure to get plenty of sleep and follow a healthy diet to help your body heal.
Read entire article here: www.webmd.com